Reclaiming a trampoline:
1) Borrow the neighbor’s dorky catapult.
2) Wait for the construction break.
3) Text Rianna about Tommy kissing Beth.
4) Line upright wood planks halfway around the house.
5) Wait for Ginny to go answer Rianna’s panicked call.
6) Place the first plank on the rake.
7) Tie a rope to its handle.
8) Thread it up and around the trampoline’s frame.
9) Tie it under the bounce mat.
10) Place the catapult’s lever by the last plank.
11) Aim at the roofers’ bucket of tar.
15) Don’t laugh.
This story was written based on this prompt.