Today is the day:
- Charles Darwin first published his theory of evolution. (1858)
- President Johnson declared the US Civil war over. (1866)
- The NFL was founded. (1920)
- Patrick Sherill gunned down 14 co-workers, an act that would later be known as the first “postal killing” spawning the idiom “going postal” and a video game. (1986)
- H.P Lovecraft was born (1890) along with James Marsters (Spike in Buffy, 1962), Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit’s singer, 1970), Amy Adams (1974), Misha Collins (Castiel in Supernatural, 1974) and Demi Lovato (1992).
But these are just random fact about this day. What I really mean to tell you is that today is… conveniently placed drumroll… the beginning of my three weeks vacation! Yay!
I plan to relax at home during my vacations and write. Life has been really busy lately and I’ve fallen behind on my writing goals. Agreed, they are self-imposed but that doesn’t change the fact that it frustrates me a little. This year, I decided that I had enough of being dissatisfied, enough of saying I was writing a book without ever finishing it, enough of stating that I want to be a writer. This year, I make it happen (or at the very least take a set things in motions because, let’s face it, being published takes time).
So, for me, my vacations mean reconnecting with myself and my friends, relaxing and writing. If things go right, The One Who Sees will beta by the end of September (in French), Unforeseen Dives will be nearing its end (written but not published yet. You guys will keep following until the end of the year), next year’s blog novel(s) will be outlined… And I’m keeping some surprises up my sleeve.
I’m now heading for work and when I get out of the office, I’ll be free for three weeks. *does the happy dance*